What are the main types of sous vide cooker?
Aug 26,2022 | Sharon
Sous vide, French for "under vacuum", is a popular cooking method in both commercial and home kitchens these days. This technique features cooking at a low-temperature range and precise temperature control in a vacuum.
Benefits of sous vide
- Cooking at low temperatures allows you to customize the best texture of the food
- Precise temperature control ensures consistent and perfect results every time you cook
- The vacuum environment prevents food from oxidation and retains nutrients
Main types of sous vide cooker
There are currently two main types of sous vide cookers: immersion circulator and water oven. They both work well and it depends on your preference to choose one. About what you should take into consideration, you can read another article: Sous vide cooker buying guide
Immersion sous vide cooker
Immersion sous vide cookers, also immersion circulator, includes a heater for warming water, a pump to promote water circulation for more even heating, and a temperature controller for constant and precise heating.
- Easy storage—fits neatly into a kitchen drawer
- User-friendly touch display
- Water-resistant for long-term use
Water bath sous vide cooker
Different from the immersion circulator, the water bath sous vide cooker (water oven) is self-contained, without the need for an extra water container. This type of sous vide cooker is more popular in commercial kitchens.
- Larger control panels that are easy to operate
- Special water circulator, more even heating
- Powerful pump design and stable temperature control